I used Cover Girl’s Lipslicks all through high school but it’s been years since I’ve even looked at them. They’ve recently added Smoochies to the Lipslicks line and I was happy to try them. I love tinted lip balm but I hate when they’re in a pot that you have to stick your fingers in, so the idea of a stick is great.
We tried #Sweet Tweet, the lightest of the three we tried, it’s a pale, pale pink that just leaves a hint of colour. #c u l8r is a darker pink with a shimmer and my personal favourite is #text me a red tint that has more pigmentation than I was expecting.
Smoochies are great on their own if you just want a lip balm with a hint of colour but they’re also great over other lipsticks. And did I mention they taste like candy?
Spring is about starting fresh, so here are my most wanted makeup and beauty products for this month that will give you a fresh start whether it’s clean skin, pampering yourself or looking hot.
1. philosophy Vanilla Coconut set – This little three product set has me totally transported to a tropical island. The body lotion, shower gel and lip gloss trio has an intoxicated scent that I can’t get enough of. It’s perfect for summer’s coming long days and makes me feel a bit of the summer when it’s cold out.
2. Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm – Every girl should have a perfectly pink lip balm in their purse at all times. One that gives you a hint of colour and softens your lips. My new go to is Pixi Beauty’s Ripe Raspberry lip balm. It makes my lips feel so kissably soft.
3. Smashbox Santigolden Age Collection – This Smashbox collection is only for the real cool girls. Even the packaging screams super cool. The eyeshadow palette is full of dramatic blue and orange shades, while the eyeliner is shocking blue and glam gold. Of course the nail polish strips are the icing on the cake with those super funky wraps that no one will ever forget.
4. Dermalogica Clear Start – I wish I had this acne skin care collection when I was a teen. It’s like getting a Dermalogica spa facial in your home. The face wash smells light and fresh, while the Daytime Treatment is easy to use and really effective on nasty breakouts.
5. Avon Ideal Flawless CC Color Corrector Pencil – I have a love/hate relationship with concealer, but this corrector pencil made all of my hate go away. This little pencil is the perfect on the go concealer for any issues. It is easy for breakouts, dark spots or under eyes to make you feel confident in seconds.
6. Sanctuary Spa Me Time Spa Treats – I wish I could head to the spa every week, but unfortunately I can’t. I love this little set to save until you have a night alone to take over the bathroom for serious pampering. It has a body wash, scrub, butter and hand cream that have the smell of your favourite spa. Perfect for you or for a gift if you can part with it.